Electronic Prescription Service
An Easier Way to get your prescriptions
You may have seen or heard information about the new Electronic Prescriptions Service (EPS) and wondered how it might affect you? EPS offers an easier way to get your prescriptions. It enables EPS enabled prescribers ‐ such as GPs and practice nurses ‐ to send prescriptions electronically to a dispenser (such as a pharmacy) of the patient’s choice. This can make the prescribing and dispensing process more efficient and convenient for patients and staff. Topsham Pharmacy now offers EPS and we’re working closely with GP practices such as Holman Way to increase efficiency by using the EPS. If you’re interested, you simply tell your pharmacy (we hope us in your case), that you’d like to choose us as your nominated pharmacy. We can do the rest.
Electronic prescriptions could be ideal for you if:
- You have a repeat prescription and don’t want to collect it from your GP every time
- You collect your medicines from the same place most of the time
- You use a repeat prescription service
THE BENEFITS to you are
- SAVE TIME ‐ If you collect repeat prescriptions you will not have to visit your GP practice just to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, once you request it, your GP will send the prescription electronically to the nominated dispenser of your choice.
- NO CHANCE TO LOSE YOUR PRESCRIPTION ‐ The prescription is an electronic message so there’s no paper to lose.
- MORE CHOICE ‐ You have more choice about where to collect your medicines because they can be collected from a pharmacy near where you live, work or shop – whatever is most convenient to you.
- MORE FLEXIBLE ‐ If a prescription needs to be cancelled, the GP can electronically cancel and issue a new prescription without you having to return to the practice saving you extra time and effort.
- QUICKER – It may prove quicker at the pharmacy as your repeat prescriptions can be made ready before you arrive.
EPS is reliable, secure and confidential. Your electronic prescription will be seen by the same people in GP practices, pharmacies and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now. And there is no additional cost for this service. You can also change your nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription at any time ‐ just tell your GP or speak to any pharmacist or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS.
Please ask us for more information and, if it suits you, we can help you nominate your chosen dispenser. And don’t forget, we can offer free home delivery of prescriptions for all our customers who are house bound – please ask us for details.